Creating an effective new hire integration process is a good way to begin combatting high attrition at your company.
Did you know that more than 20% of turnover happens within the first 45 days of employment? This may be due to bad hiring decisions in part, but it’s also often a result of leaving a new hire to fend for themselves with no direction or support. What a letdown for a new recruit!
Companies in the industries facing the highest attrition rates (such as legal, healthcare and technology) have cottoned on to the fact that their employee onboarding processes aren’t optimal. Many of them are turning to employee integration solutions to help ensure that new hires are giving access to all the information, tools and people that they need to succeed.
Here are five questions to ask when selecting your employee integration solution:
- Does it allow you to create integration plans of varying length, with a variety of actions? Most programs last somewhere between 6 and 24 months, depending on the industry and seniority of the hire, and the tool should allow you to automatically schedule meet and greet and other strategic social events, as well as to assign a mentor or peer advisor and schedule regular meetings.
- Does it offer a few best-practice employee integration process templates to choose from, as well as give you the option to create your own?
- Will it enable you to standardize the integration process across teams and locations? A consistent, controlled and measured plan is more likely to be a successful one.
- Does it allow you to track the integration of diverse hires? This is key to helping them integrate properly and build the long-term relationships that so important to an inclusive workplace.
- Does it offer easy-to-understand reports and dashboards? These should give you a real-time snapshot of how well each of your new hires is doing. Our solution offers helpful heatmaps to help you quickly spot any areas for concern.
Employee integration is one of the key capabilities vi offers, and our specialized software platform plugs right into your existing people management tools to help you win the fight against attrition by ensuring that no one falls through the cracks.
To get started with a quick demo of our employee integration software, just follow the link below.