Education is the key to success. It opens up the door to opportunity; it allows individuals to sharpen their skills, expand their insight and add value to your company.
Perhaps the greatest aspect of education is that it never has to stop. Microlearning is becoming increasingly popular and it’s a trend you’ll want to pay attention to if you aim to retain high performing employees. After all, one of the key motivators that keep employees engaged in their role (even more so than money) is access to continuous learning. Further, while it might be an additional perk for some, ongoing training is essential for others, especially those who work in legal and professional services firms.
LMS platforms are designed to make workplace learning practical and trackable.
What is learning management software and what it can do for your business?
An LMS is a software application that facilitates e-learning. Broadly speaking, an LMS is used by instructors to organize, deliver, and grade course content, and it is used by learner to participate in training courses, enhance their skills, take assessments and remain up to date with the latest industry knowledge. An LMS allows for streamlined communication between instructors and learners, as well as progress tracking and reporting.
This software has become incredibly useful in the corporate sector as it can support orientation training during onboarding, facilitate ongoing training and education, and, particularly in the professional services industry, enable credit compliance tracking. Given the demand for continuous learning nowadays, an effective LMS will ultimately help you to invest in your employees and retain staff.
What to look for in an LMS solution
When it comes to investing in software for your business, it’s always wise to ensure that the tool you choose is right for the job. Since there are a number of options available, we have compiled an overview of what to look for when selecting the best LMS solution. In brief, your LMS should:
- Keep track of credits required in different jurisdictions and industries or, even better, tie courses and curriculums to required credits, if applicable to your field of work.
- Support various types of learning such as e-learning, quick reference guides, YouTube video classes, etc.
- Integrate with common online conferencing platforms, such as GotoMeeting or GotoWebinar.
- Include functionalities that support efficiency, allow for easy access to information and offer important reminders.
- Integrate with other talent management systems to allow you to assess and address skills gaps and monitor people’s performance and improvement over time.
- Increase talent management efficiency through the ability to manage course attendees or meeting room sizes, for example.
- Allow employees to create, upload and share content with others.
- Improve your learning library by enabling employees to rate and review the quality of content.
Try our complete Learning Management System and Credit Tracking tool
Our LMS is a complete learning solution designed for firms in the professional services industry, allowing lawyers, consultants, engineers and accountants, among other professionals, to keep their skills and credentials, where applicable, up to date.
It supports any learning content and allows you to create learning paths at different levels, including junior and senior associates. Vi’s LMS supports any learning content and includes important functionalities such as automated push notifications, a global credit compliance tracking engine, and reporting and analytics.
It has a full credit engine built in and is already populated with all CLE credit rules for law firms in every jurisdiction in the world. With this engine you can create a firm ‘university’ with credits and track who is behind and on track.
Our LMS also integrates with your performance management process, allowing for meaningful growth at individual and company level.
Learn more about our powerful LMS & Credit Tracking tool or click below for a demo.