Human beings are successful when we set targets. They motivate, inspire and unite us.
At work, KPIs and incentives give us the focus we need to generate the right results. But sometimes, our pursuit of ever-changing targets leads us to focus on the ‘what’ and forget about the ‘why’. The trouble is, targets tend to turn people into numbers.
Diversity is a good example of this.
Most companies have diversity targets, and many look to achieve these by increasing their number of diverse hires. But for diversity to really benefit your organization, you need to attract the best diverse hires, and then you need to retain, equip and develop them. To do all this, you need to create an inclusive environment.
Everyone benefits from an inclusive environment. An environment that values differences, encourages creativity, and promotes innovation, is a winning environment.
If you build it, they will come
That old line from Field of Dreams comes to mind: If you build an inclusive environment that enables diverse people to excel, they’ll choose your organization over a competitor’s, and they’ll stay longer.
If you can get inclusion right, you’ll naturally begin to attract and retain diverse hires – which means you’ll hit your diversity targets more easily.
Bridging the gap between strategy and execution
Unfortunately, building a truly inclusive workplace isn’t as easy as mapping out a strategy. There are few things more frustrating than an excellent plan poorly executed. Turning a D&I strategy into a series of practical steps requires answers to the following questions:
- How can we ensure our D&I strategy is implemented at all levels?
- Are managers reinforcing behaviors that lead to an inclusive culture?
- Are any diverse employees falling through the cracks?
- How well are diverse employees integrating (and onboarding) compared to other groups?
- Are diverse employees equipped to perform at their best?
Powering your Diversity & Inclusion initiatives with software
Thanks to technology like the Diversity & Inclusion platform from vi, companies can create and easily follow D&I roadmaps.
Our technology allows you to:
- Create a timeline of inclusion activities from the time a person joins an organization, throughout their career.
- Collect real-time feedback on each D & I initiative and measure the effectiveness of it.
- Analyze and report through Dashboards that show results by office and department against your D&I metrics.
View a demo
To see a quick demo of vi, please follow the link below and leave your details so that we can call you back.